Intro to thetenspot
Any references to Peter Petrelli in Claude's posts have to do with youngerpetrelli, not mybrothershadow
It was a cold night in the city. Claude shivered and pulled his coat tighter around himself, watching people walk past him without having any idea he was there. He couldn't stay away though -- not since seeing the explosion on the news. Not since learning that Peter was still missing.
And missing was definitely the word he was using. He refused to accept the shite they were spewing, that Peter had died in the explosion. No, he was still out there somewhere -- two people he knew could survive that (possibly a third, but he wasn't going to think about that right now. That was another problem for another day), and Peter was one of them. He'd find Peter, somehow. And when he did, he'd do something he hadn't done in a long, long time, and beg his forgiveness for running out on him.
First, he had to find somewhere to stay, because he couldn't find anyone if he froze his arse off...001. Ten Facts About Claude Rains
1. Claude has been in hiding from the company for the past 7 years.
2. The special he was protecting that got him branded a security risk was his lover. By the time he recovered from his injuries, Thompson had captured and experimented on his lover, who died in the process.
3. He loves Guinness stout.
4. He's a lot better educated than people initially assume based on his accent and family background.
5. He's still very willing to cheer Manchester United on, despite not having lived there for a long time.
6. He travels very light, ready to run at the first sign of trouble.
7. Unfortunately, sometimes he runs when he really shouldn't. Like when Peter needed him most. He has a great deal of guilt over this.
8. He really does
think most people suck. However, he has a few friends (a diminishing number, unfortunately) he likes and trusts. He's not completely misanthropic, he's just tired of being hurt.
9. He stays in five-star hotels more often than one might think -- being invisible has its perks.
10. He misses Peter and desperately wants a chance to at least apologize for running when he did. He's convinced Peter is still alive, although the niggling voice of doubt is getting louder as time goes on.------
Muse: Claude Rains
Crossposted to thetenspot_ooc